Monday 15 December 2014

First Term of Uni

I've finished my first term of uni and handed in my last assignment today (yay) so I thought I'd do a little post about what I've been doing and stuff. 

In September I left Nottingham and moved to Lincoln to study Journalism. On the way there I was crammed into the car with the whole contents of my room because I wasn't really sure what I should take with me. It was really scary on the way there but it didn't take me long to settle in at all. After a few days everyone was comfortable with each other and it all felt normal.

Lincoln is such a pretty city and it's small so no needing to get the bus anywhere ever! It also means it's really hard to get lost. 


This term I got to try writing news stories, filming news stories and recording news stories for radio, and I've realised I'm really not good with technology and should definitely just stick to writing stuff. I'm also learning shorthand which is really hard and repetitive but I'm sure it'll be fine when I've learnt it all.

I didn't realise how stressful all the assignments would be until it got to a few weeks ago and I had about 6 in for the same week. The end of term consisted of lots of late night library trips and not much sleep. It feels so good to have nothing to do until the 19th of January, I can finally relax.







Stuff that happened at uni... 
I moved in, got glasses, made my room look pretty (ish), George came to visit me, met Jamie Laing from Made in Chelsea, dyed my hair blue and went as a cat for Halloween. 


Next term one of my assignments is to write 6 blog posts, so I'll actually be able to blog again so I'm excited for that!



Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment