Wednesday 29 July 2015

Student room inspiration



In a couple of weeks I'm going to start moving things into my new house in Lincoln for my second year of uni. I'm so excited to personalise my room however I want, and living in a house with 9 other people is going to be interesting too!

My room comes with a desk, a chair, a chest of drawers and a wardrobe. So I get all the basics but want to make everything look cute.

Desk spaces

1 / 2 / 3
I really want to have a tidy desk layout, like the ones you see on Pintrest or other people's blogs, with little cacti and polaroid photos etc.

I know these ideas are unrealistic because my last uni desk was a complete mess, covered in books, pizza, loose change, other random stuff. But I can try and keep it tidy for a few days.

Bookshelves

1 / 2 / 3

Over summer I've had a lot of time to waste wandering around charity shops, which means I've acquired a lot of books and now need a lot of space for them. These bookshelves look like they'd take up a lot of space and I'm not sure how much room I'm going to have. I really like the idea of just sticking cushions on top of a bookshelf to make a seat.

Other stuff

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Here's just some other stuff I thought looked cool but didn't fit into a category. Photos and plants are definitely a necessity and I love the idea of displaying photos next to fairy lights so they stand out.

Does anyone else have any cute student room ideas? 

Sophie x









No comments:

Post a Comment